UNIVERSITY BOXERS TO VIEW FOR CHAMPIONSHIP

MORE THAN FIFTY MEN ENTERED IN TOURNAMENT

The annual University boxing championship will start on Monday afternoon at 4.30 o'clock when the preliminary bouts will get under way at Hemenway Gymnasium. The final bouts will take place on Friday evening at 8 o'clock. The admission price will be $1.00 and H. A. A. books will admit bearers.

Each bout will be three rounds of two minutes duration. There are to be six classes, listed as follows: 115 pound class, 125 pound class, 135 pound class, 160 pound class, 175 pound class, and the unlimited class. In previous years the 135 pound class has drawn the largest number of aspirants. A weight allowance of three pounds will be given to each entrant.

Over fifty men have signed up for the tournament. Among these are several boxers who fought their way up to the finals last year, which were held before an enthusiastic crowd of 600 students. R. E. Johnson '27 who has won the 175 pound crown for two years running, is back as a graduate school student to defend his title. Last year he scored the only knockout of the final bouts.

Another boxer of ability and reputation, G. N. Burns '29, will also defend his 145 pound class championship. Last year the bout he had with E. A. Sachs '28 was the feature one of the evening. Due to better conditions and superior ability to take punishment, however, Burns finally out pointed his rival.