Princetonian Invites Harvard Journalists to Settle Diamond Rivalry-Crimson Weakened for Meeting in May

The annual revival of athletic relations between Princeton and Harvard probably will take place at Princeton on Saturday, May 12, according to a letter received at the CRIMSON offices yesterday.

This date has been tentatively set for the return baseball game to be played between the Daily Princetonian and the CRIMSON. On Saturday, May 7 last year the Nassan journalists invaded Soldiers Field and battled the Harvard Fourth Estate to a 4 to 4 tie in a game called for a variety of reasons at the end of the ninth. This year the Princetonians have invited the CRIMSON to try the turf in New Jersey.

Although the CRIMSON array of diamond dusters has suffered from the in roads of graduation, a careful search of nooks and corners of the building has brought to light some material which, if not promising, is at least plastic. The chief gaps to be filled are in the pitcher's box, around the keystone sack, and in left field.

Last year's stellar twirlers, F. V. Field '27, and J. F. Barnes '27, are missing and now are counted among the leading cricket bowlets, Sheep and Goats Club, Hard Riding, Hants, England. The sterling combination of H. W. Foote '27 and D. S. Gibbs '27 will be missed at short and second. The position of Gibbs, who has graduated to the big time circuits, is perhaps the most difficult to fill.

R. A. Stout '29 is expected adequately to fill the berth left vacant by the departure of David Worcester '28. The ground covered by Worcester in left field was so great in extent that no flies were ever found in his territory. Coach F. G. Mitchell of the University nine said of Worcester, "I never saw a fielder who cast so big a shadow in the outfield." Stout's performances in practice have been encouraging.