Supreme Court Justice Sotomayor Talks Justice, Civic Engagement at Radcliffe Day

Church Says It Did Not Authorize ‘People’s Commencement’ Protest After Harvard Graduation Walkout

‘Welcome to the Battlefield’: Maria Ressa Talks Tech, Fascism in Harvard Commencement Address

Multimedia

In Photos: Harvard’s 373rd Commencement Exercises

Rabbi Zarchi Confronted Maria Ressa, Walked Off Stage Over Her Harvard Commencement Speech

SWEEZY IS MADE CHAIRMAN OF ADVISORY COMMITTEE

The appointment of Alan Richardson Sweezy '29, of Englewood, N. J., as chairman of the Student Advisory Committee for next ear was announced last night by w. g. Saltonstall '28, president of the Student Council, Although definite plans for next year's Student Advisory work have not yet been formulated, it is understood that radical changes will be made in the present system.

Since the Student Advisory Committee was reorganized two years ago personal visits have been made to every Freshman soon after the beginning of the college year by Junior and Sophomore advisors. These visits with the subsequent reports written by the advisers on the men they have seen constituted the most important part of the advisory work. According to T. H. Eliot '28, chairman of this year's Committee, these visits have not proved entirely satisfactory and it is probable that they will be abandoned next year. In their place the work of the advisers in holding office hours during the first week of the term will be considerably extended, and a plan for continuing certain hours in the Freshman dormitories during the fall and before mid-years is also being projected, according to Sweezy.