PADDOCK WILL NOT RUN IN STADIUM SATURDAY

OLYMPIC PROSPECTS DISCUSSED BY "FASTEST HUMAN"

Charles Paddock, America's foremost sprinter announced definitely last night that he would not run in a special invitation dash on Saturday at the Harvard Stadium. But according to the present plans, he may try out the University track some afternoon this week.

When approached by a CRIMSON reporter in his dressing room at Loew's State Theatre in Boston, Paddock stated that it is on the athletic field that men acquire qualities which enable them to play the game of life.

"An athlete must have a purpose and a willingness to work and train for that purpose," declared Padock. "Courage and the determination, never 'to quit', are the prime requisites of a champion. And it is these characteristics in the American Olympic teams that have brought victory to the United States since the Olympic Games were resumed in 1896."

When questioned about the strength of the American Olympic material, Paddock replied, "the backbone of the 1928 track forces will be formed by the weight men. Barring accidents and last-minute upsets, the United States should gather a sufficient number of points in the field events to lead the field. To win, we must defeat Finland and Germany. Koenig, of Germany, will give the American sprinters their stiffest opposition."

Speaking of training, Paddock says the secret of physical fitness consists in leading a normal life of regular habits. He is not in favor of intense training.