THE CLUBS GATHER

Every spring for the last few years, at just about this time, it has been the custom for the Associated Harvard clubs to send delegates to a convention in some large city, each time in a different portion of the country. Last year they gathered at Memphis; yesterday was the first of a three-days meeting at Philadelphia.

There are, as a matter of fact, only two seasons in the year when the graduates of the university have an opportunity to assemble, to foregather as it were on masse--that is in the fall at the football games and in the spring at the various functions specifically constituted to provide such an opportunity. Such a function is the convention at present in full swing. At it some 1500 delegates have met to renew the associations of yesteryear, and bring back to their respective Clubs possibly something of the spirit with which they were imbued in their undergraduate day.

They will hear, no doubt, about the Reading Period and the other strides which Harvard is making in the educational world; they will hear, possibly, of the situation of the stadium question. But above all they will carry away with them the feeling that Harvard as a university is still alive as it was in their undergraduate years. President Lowell and other speakers are there, the baseball team and the band will play, the Glee Club will sign, and if the weather stays fine, the success of the conference should be assured.