FOUR UNIVERSITY MEN TO RUN IN N. Y.

Won First Places in New England Tryouts -- Luttman Qualified for Finals

Four members of the University will compete against the best track and field talent of the Eastern States in the final Olympic tryouts of the Middle Atlantic District at the Yankee Stadium, New York City, on Saturday. All four of these men won first places in the New England tryouts at Melrose last Saturday.

A. H. Miller '27, Crimson track and football luminary of the past few years, now a student at the Law School, will run in the 100 metre dash. While he was in College Miller frequently broke 10 seconds for the 100-yard dash, and despite his 200 pounds of weight, he is counted upon to make a creditable showing in the New York meet. His opponents in the dash at the Bronx ball park will be men of high calibre. Henry Russell, former Cornell track captain and former intercollegiate champion at 100 and 200 yards, and Jackson Scholz of the New York A. C., Olympic 200-metre title-holder, are the leading lights of the sprinting world who may be expected to face Miller at the start Saturday.

C. A. Pratt '28, weight man on this year's Crimson team, will put the shot. S. H. Martin 1L., former Dartmouth half-miler and a member of the B. A. A. relay team which holds the world record for two miles, will take part in the 800-metre run, while Macaulay Smith 1L., Yale distance runner, is an entrant for the 5000-metre grind.

Qualifiers in this meet will enter the National tryouts at the Stadium on July 6 and 7. Harvard will have another representative in these finals when R. G. Luttman '28, winner of the intercollegiate mile title this year, will toe the mark in the 1500-metre event. By virtue of his championship victory, Luttman was excused from participation in the preliminary tryouts.