POLO PONIES TO ENTRAIN FOR TOURNAMENT AT RYE

1931 WILL STAY IN CAMBRIDGE TO MEET YALE

Tomorrow night the polo team's string of ponies will be shipped to Rye, New York, in preparation for the intercollegiate tournament, which starts Saturday afternoon with games between Yale and Princeton, and Pennsylvania Military Institute and West Point. Harvard drew a bye in the first round, and its second round opponent is still unknown. The team leaves Cambridge Saturday morning for observation of future rivals, and for the dinner Saturday night at the Westchester-Biltmore Country Club.

Crimson Defeats Myopia

In a recent practice encounter, the Crimson poloists, playing with Shaw McKean of Myopia at No. 2, defeated a Myopia squad 9 to 4. The University players lined up as follows: Shaw, No. 1; McKean, No. 2; Cotton, No. 3; and Mandell, back. Two more practices will be held here before the departure for Rye, both matches to be played off at Myopia. The team makes its final appearance for the season in its tournament contests.

Plans for the Freshman team to spend a week at Myopia have been changed, and the first year outfit is remaining in Cambridge to secure the necessary mood for the game with the Yale Freshmen at Soldiers Field a week from yesterday. After the successful season of the 1931 aggregation, any danger of a slump due to change in training conditions is felt to be obviated by the continued sojourn in Cambridge.