MANY HARVARD ALUMNI AMONG SPRING AUTHORS

Graduates Have Many Works Listed Among Recent Publishings--Wide Variety Shown

The publishers' spring lists include a large and varied number of books written by Harvard graduates. Nearly every type and form of literature is included in the list, from best sellers to limited editions of monographs on obtuse subjects.

"American Prosperity", by Paul Mazur '14, has been a best seller in the none-fiction class for several months. "America Finding Herself", by Mark Sullivan '00, is another volume which ranks among the most popular works of the spring.

Among the recent novels of Harvard alumni that have been finding favor with readers are "Ambition", by Arthur Train '96. "The House of Sun-Goes-Down", by Bernard De Voto '20, and "The Virgin Queene", by Hartford Powel, Jr., '09.

Sedgwick's "LaFayette" Listed

Henry Dwight, Sedgwich '81 is the author of an outstanding biography, "Lafayette". Percy Mackaye '97 has just published two collections of plays "The Gobbler of God" and "Kentucky Mountain". Robert Hillyer '17 has written "The Seventh Hill", a volume of verse which received considerable favorable comment throughout the country.

A new collection of short stories by Owen Wister '82, has been published under the title "When West Was West". Walter Lippman '09, the editor of the New York World, has just published a group of lectures on the Scopes Trial and Mayor Bill Thompson of Chicago in "American Inquisitors".

Professor W. E. Hocking '01, has written "The Self; its Body and Freedom", and Professor G. H. Edgell '09 has contributed another work on Fine Arts with his "The American Architecture of Today". The questions of the Pacific have stirred Nicholas Roosevelt '14 to write "The Restless Pacific" and W. Cameron Forbes '92. "The Philippine Islands".

Other books on the list are "The Three Desires of the Happy Life", by J. T. Duncan '03: "Behind the Curtain", by E. D. Biggers: "American Architecture", by S. F. Kimball '09.

This list is by no means complete, but it includes the majority of the better known of recent works by University graduates.