CRIMSON BANDSMEN WILL TAKE TO FIELD WITH MAMMOTH DRUM AND GREATER CORPS

"We expect to increase the size of the University Band this fall until it is again the largest in the East," asserted H. L. Holland 1L, leader of the Harvard corps in an interview with a CRIMSON reporter yesterday.

"There were 76 members of the Band at the last Yale game appearance," continued Holland. "We will raise this total as high as a hundred if possible and pass well ahead of Yale, Princeton, Columbia and other Eastern college bands. Since most of the men who played last season are returning, our expectations should not be disappointed."

The University Band will possess the biggest bass drum in the country this fall. It is a present from the Philadelphia Harvard Club, donated last year when the Band performed at the Philadelphia meeting of the Associated Harvard Clubs. The giant drum will be mounted on a frame with four bicycle wheels to permit of field maneuvering. Its first appearance on Soldiers Field takes place the day of the Springfield game.

This season, the Band will introduce a new Harvard song entitled "Yo Ho," composed by R. K. Fletcher '06 who has written the "Gridiro King" and "Soldiers Field." The tune was first tried at the Harvard Club meeting in Philadelphia and meet with general approval.

Contrary, to the rumor current last season that the University Band was going to adopt a new uniform. It was announced yesterday that the traditional costume consisting of crimson sweater, and sailor caps would be preserved. The Alumni advisor committee for the Band objected to a change of regalia when proposed some time ago and their decision has since influenced the officers of the organization against innovations in this respect. The drum major, however, will wear a crimson coat this fall in place of the customary sweater in order more conveniently to carry his signalling pistol and similar paraphernalia.