What The Freshman is Wearing The Smooth Lad.

By J. H. S.

From head to foot this man has upon him the effects of a deep perusal of Gumbel's "Kollege Klothes." He hasn't missed a trick. There is the smart felt, a copy of the Knox model, but you get it for $3.73 instead of $10.00. Just walt till it gets wet (or at least wetter). There is the snap on tie, so trick that you know at a glance only an expert factory girls' fingers could have tied it. But then she might have been his girl; who can tell. The coat and pants have a brother in the closet, but there just wasn't room to show both pair at once. The three lone buttons on the coat show the Yale influence. They also do away with the necessity of a vest. Shoes are brown with very light saddles; the last word in college nattiness. But the men who labor for the good Felix may mix up the colors a bit. Of socks we have nothing to report; 21 inches of trouser cuff did away with all possibility of discovering them.

I Went to Prep School

A hat which grandpa wore when he was in college .... coat and pants (not trousers) which do not match.... all pockets bulging.... no vest.... striped tie with one half as like as not over a shoulder.... deceased crease in buckle....

Neat as a pin.... hair brushed, tie straight, collar pinned, but slightly too large.... coat and trousers immaculately clean and as well pressed.... small black notebook in hand in which are inscribed, no doubt, every impression, every appointment and much more.... pant legs spiralling down to worn weatherbeaten heel-worn shoes.

Just Ironed

This product is from the big city. His nifty derby tells you that at once. And as you follow down you find a starched blue collar on shirt to match. Tie of sombre hue, is neatly in place with an exceedingly small knot over the pin. Vest is in prominent display, and thin gold chain stretches from upper pocket to upper pocket with a slight dip. Breast pocket display cousists of corner of handkerchief with tiny monogram. Perfect crease leads the eye down to slightly wide cuffs breaking on over polished shoes. If it were but slightly colder, an immaculate Chesterfield would add the final touch.

The Aesthete

Rara avis....what he would call "all interesting piece of neckwear" piece of neckwear" flows.... sport shirt.... loose coat as liable not to match the lower half.... cigarette holder...corner of handkerchief protruding from lower coat pocket.... the eye goes down the full length and then back up, finally resting where it began, on the long locks in pompadour, slightly out of alignment ....