Ruth Etting, Ziegfeld's Glorified Girl, Picks Songs for the Amount of Heart Throbs They Have--Has Much Fan Mail

"I've been reading a lot of bad things in the papers today about Harvard boys. I certainly hope they aren't all true."

Ruth Etting, star of Ziegfeld's "Whoopee", when interviewed yesterday at the Metropolitan Theatre in Boston, where she is making personal appearances, thus made clear her position toward Harvard undergraduates.

"Really, though I don't know any Harvard men, I like them a lot. I did say I hoped the stories in the paper weren't true, didn't I?" she continued, turning to her press agent for confirmation.

"Most of my fan mail comes from fraternity and sorority houses," she said, "I really get a lot, and from all over the world."

She was questioned concerning her opinion on the innovation to be tried in the Savoy Theatre of London, where all the seats are to be covered in colors to match the frocks of women patrons, and replied:

"Well, since it's dark almost all the time you are in a theatre. I don't see that it makes a great deal of difference whether the seats match the gowns or not. And the intermissions aren't long. Besides, who stays in theatre seats during intermissions?"

"I pick my songs most of the time for the amount of 'heart throb' there is in them," she said. "You know, the kids like sob stuff."

She was reminded that women are among her strongest admirers. "Well, women like it, too, don't they?" was her quick answer.

She was asked: "Of all the photographs you have had made, Miss Etting, there is one that has been more popular than others among students. It is the one in which you wore a shawl. Can you account for its popularity?"

"Oh!" she said.