WEST POINT CLASH IS ACID TEST FOR CRIMSON ELEVEN

Definite Decision Seems to Have Been Reached--Light Workout Scheduled for Both Squads Today

Determined to repeat its victory of the 1928 season and wipe out the stain of 13 former defeats, the Army football squad arrived in Boston last night. The odds stand at even money and all indications point toward a close struggle in the Stadium tomorrow afternoon.

Harvard's gridiron forces have not been severely tested this fall and the Cadet encounter will be in the nature of an acid test for the 1929 Crimson machine. Optimism reigns among the hosts of Harvard supporters and there is a feeling in the University camp that this year's team possesses all the ingredients essential for repelling the assaults of Cagle, Murrel, and their running mates.

The lineup for tomorrow's game has presented a considerable problem and Coach Horween has been experimenting with his forward wall throughout this week. Some definite decision seems to have been reached, however, and the line which is slated to face the West Pointers is rugged and powerful. O'Connell and Ogden will fill the right and left end positions which they have been holding all week. The question of the guard and tackle posts, which has been something of a mystery of late, seems to have been answered by the assignment of W. Ticknor and Davis respectively to these two positions on the right side of the line. B. Ticknor will take care of his duties at center, while Trainer and Barrett will oppose Perry, the Army's gigantic All-American right tackle. Putnam, Gilligan, Huguley, and White will compose the backfield.

With the exception of Levin, tackle, Douglas, end, and Harper, regular fullback, the entire Harvard squad will be ready for action tomorrow. Yesterday's practice session included another skeleton drill on the defense against Army plays as interpreted by the Seconds under the direction of Coach Knox. The Crimson warriors were carefully instructed in the method of attack which they are expected to face. Individual instruction and a short signal drill concluded the light workout.

Both the Harvard and Cadet squads will make use of the Stadium this afternoon for a brief session of signal practice. The Crimson cohorts will work out from 3 to 3.30 o'clock, when the West Point players will test the Stadium turf. The Army lineup which is expected to start tomorrow follows l.e., Carlmark: l.t., Price: l.g., Humber: c., Miller: r.g., Hillsinger: r.t., Perry: r.e., Messinger: q.b., Gibner: l.h.b. O'Keefe: r.h.b., Cagle: f.b., Murrell.