STRONGEST TEAM WILL FACE PURPLE

Substitute Wingman May Oust Douglas From Team A Post--Laterals Stressed in Practice

When the Harvard and Holy Cross elevens square off in their football tilt next Saturday the Crimson will have its strongest possible team on the field. Coach Horween and his aides are not taking the Crusaders lightly but will take the game with Coach O'Donnell's charges right in stride.

Last year, in pointing for the Yale game, the coaches seemed to miscalculate Holy Cross's strength and Harvard had to be satisfied with a scoreless tie, but this year the situation will be different. Although the Yale game is the ultimate objective of the Crimson board of strategy the melee this Saturday is coming in for its show of attention. Holy Cross has assembled one of its strongest teams in years and promises to throw quite a scare into the Harvard camp.

To Polish Aerial Attack

The Crimson in its practice sessions this week will polish up its devastating passing attack that almost toppled Michigan and perfect its running plays. Yesterday in the signal drill more attention was also given over to laterals than has been for a long time. Indications are that even though the lateral pass has this year given way to the forward as Harvard's chief offensive threat it will be resurrected for the Eli clash. Last year it was the lateral attack that swept the Blue into submission and it may be that this year the same offensive might be used again along with Wood's screaming spirals.

A possible lineup change was hinted at yesterday when Harding was seen at left end. Douglas was not at practice because of slight injuries sustained last Saturday but it is rumored that when he returns Harding will have his job. The remainder of the team was the same as that which faced the Wolverines and the chances are that it will stay that way for the last two games. Mays and White are working out daily with the first team and although neither will be in the starting eleven, both will be kept on the side-lines as a constant threat.