COACH HORWEEN RETURNS TO DIRECT SPRING DRILL

Works With Backfield as Practice is Intensified -- Newcomers Swell List of Squad

Spring football activities on the Business School Field were livened up considerably yesterday when Head Coach Horween arrived to take charge of the second practice session yesterday afternoon.

Coach Horween had been delayed a day because of business engagements in Chicago. He will stay the remainder of this week and return again for the final week.

The workout yesterday was confined again to limbering up exercises and practice in the fundamentals. Coach Horween took charge of the experienced backs, running them through a long lateral passing drill. Ex-Captain A. E. French '29 and David Guarnaccia '29, last season's lateral passing combination, were on hand to demonstrate the pass to the newcomers.

Squad Numbers 84

Several more 'H' men come out for practice yesterday and along with some new men who reported for the first time helped swell the total number to 84.

Drilling in the fundamentals will probably continue for the remainder of the week, while some time will be given over to practicing for the individual contests which are to be held during the final week.

Whether or not Frank Shaughnessy, who is responsible for the introduction of the lateral pass here, will be present is not definitely known. It is expected however, that he will be here in a few days and swell the list of coaches who are now assisting Horween.