ATHLETIC COMMITTEE MAKES APPOINTMENTS

FRESHMAN CAPTAINS OF SPRING SPORTS APPROVED

Among the most important results of the Harvard Athletic Committee meeting held on Monday night is the announcement that E. A. Wachter, University basketball coach, will also coach the Freshman team next year. Wachter will also continue in his present capacity as sculling coach during the spring and fall.

All of the previously announced coaching and managing appointments were confirmed by the committee with the addition of several new men to various positions. Harry Conley will next year assume the duties of full time coach in charge of boxing and handball. In view of the increased interest which is being shown in these two sports Conley will fill a longfelt need.

Other appointments are as follows: R. H. Bond '19 will take charge of all class basketball, as well as coaching the backfield of the Freshman football team; Madison Sayles '27 will again coach the lacrosse team next year; and Henry Chauncey '27, recently appointed assistant dean will be coach of dormitory football.

In view of the fact that H. J. Kaufman '29 and R. R. Levin '32 wrestled in the 165 pound class on the University and Freshman teams respectfully, although they did not compete against Yale as the Eli team did not have men in this class, it was decided to award Kaufman the University wrestling insignia and Levin his Freshman wrestling numerals.