Ownership of Ancient and Traditional Loving Cup Will be Contested in Crimson-Lampy Game--Crew Race Precedes

Competition for ownership of the Mount Auburn Bicycling and Clambake Foundation Award will break out anew tomorrow afternoon in a boat race and baseball game between the members of the CRIMSON and Lampoon boards, it was admitted at a late hour last night. This annual feature of the spring season will be run off in a series of short jumps beginning at 16 Plympton Street at 2.30 o'clock.

Color will be contributed to the occasion by a Gloucester dory regatta on the River. The terms of this contest have not yet been cleared up but it is supposed that the opposing crews will row in the same direction starting from the Weeks Memorial Bridge. Robert Leader Lampoon has been engaged as superficial transom and slide greaser in charge of coaching operations. "Remain long in the water and don't shoot" are the warning words of this mentor.

A quick tandem bicycle sprint from the CRIMSON Building down to Mount Auburn Street will open the afternoon. This will be followed by a four-in-hand obstacle race to the river bank and the waiting dories. Barring mishaps, the crews will unload after the regatta at Soldiers Field and will finish the quintathion there with the traditional diamond fray.

Interest centers around the highly embossed loving cup that is the Mount Auburn Clambake Award. The metal of this trophy has a delicate green tinge that sets off the bead-fringed wormholes in a most favorable light. The age of the cup has never been correctly estimated, although the Latin inscription "Sie Konnen Mit Mir Trinken" indicates an obscure origin. The winners of it last year were the Cambridge Flying Squadron but it is apparently going to change hands again this spring.