Students' League of Nations in First Meeting to Discuss the Question of Disarmament--Friedrich to Open Discussion

Students from eleven college besides Harvard will meet in the Agassiz Theatre at Radcliffe to discuss the question of disarmament in the first official meeting of the Students' League of Nations Saturday, May 25, it was announced yesterday by C.B. Parker '32, temporary president of the organization.

It is expected that 63 delegates will be sent from Wellesley as well as representatives from Radcliffe, Tufts, Jackson, Boston University, Boston College, Salem Normal School, and Wheaton, and possibly from Yale, Mount Holyloke, and Smith as well as members of the Boston Y.M.C.A.

The meeting will be modeled as closely as possible after the assemblies of the League of Nations. The convenant of the actual League has been adapted to the students' purpose with as few changes as possible. This covenant will be put to vote at the meeting of the assembly.

Activities will start at 1 o'clock and are to last through the evening. At 1 o'clock, delegates will register and present their credentials, and, fifteen minutes later, a meeting of the Council will be held. The Council is to be composed of students representing the countries which make up the Geneva Council. At first it was planned to include the United States, Russia, Brazil, Mexico, and Turkey. However, it has been suggested that League procedure might be followed more closely and interesting situations might arise if these five countries the formally admitted in subsequent meetings. The Bolivia-Paraguay question will be the subject under discussion as the first conference.

At 2 o'clock, the Assembly will be formally opened. The routine business of election of officers and the discussion of plans for permanent organization will be completed. Then Professor C.J. Friedrich will speak on disarmament and present a radical resolution on that subject. Discussion will follow which will be interrupted at 5.30 o'clock for dinner.

At 7 o'clock, the discussion will continue and the question will be voted upon. Finally, Professor W.Y. Wiliott will address the gathering, criticising the procedure.

It was further announced by Parker, that any member of the University will be welcomed at the meeting. Men may register with the Secretary of the Phillips Brooks House on or after next Monday. Foreign students or students who have lived in foreign countries and have a knowledge of their governments are especially desired.

The other temporary officers are: R.L. Ruggles '31, Secretary-General; Marion Hunter, or wellesley, Assistant Secretary-General; Nathaniel Samuels '31, Chairman of Agenda Committee; and H.M. Biller, of Tufts, Chairman of Credentials Committee.