WEAK GEORGETOWN NINE ENCOUNTERS TEAM HERE TODAY

Batchelder Will Receive, While White or Pool Will Oppose Crimson--Todd, Ticknor in Centerfield Berths

The University nine, now apparently out of its batting slump, expects to gain its third successive victory when it opposes Georgetown on Soldiers Field at 4 o'clock this afternoon. The record of the visitors is very erratic, but the tendency has been toward good hitting and weak moundwork.

Yale beat them 8 to 2 early in April, while Holy Cross trampled them under an 11 to 3 score. The diamond forces from Washington did, however, a month ago slug their way to an imposing 19 to 2 victory over Western Maryland. Little as can be inferred from comparative scores, it is interesting to note that Providence College, which has three times this year defeated the Brown outfit that appeared here Saturday, had some difficulty in eking out a 4 to 2 win over Georgetown.

Ticknor May Play Center Garden

Coach Mitchell will send Howard Whitmore '29 after today's tilt. He held Dartmouth to eight hits in Friday's eleven inning clash. The Harvard mentor was uncertain at a late hour last night whether to start B. H. Ticknor '31, one of the Crimson's leading extra-base sluggers, or E. R. Todd '29, whose stellar hitting featured the game with the Bruins, in the centerfield post.

White will probably pitch for the visitors, with Pool being held in the relief role. The former has a reputation for pitching six or seven innings of brilliant ball and weakening in the eighth. Pool has pitched two good games this year, one against Providence College.