ALUMNI EXERCISES WILL BE HELD THIS AFTERNOON

PRESIDENT LOWELL WILL MAKE PUBLIC YEAR'S GIFTS

The annual Alumni exercises will be held in Sever Quadrangle this afternoon beginning shortly after 1.30 o'clock. At that time the procession of graduates will form in front of Massachusetts Hall and march to the scene of the exercises.

Three state governors will be among those present. They are Governor Franklin D. Roosevelt '04 of New York; Governor W. Tudor Gardiner '14, of Maine; and Governor Frank G. Allen, of Massachusetts, who will attend ex officio, Governor Roosevelt is Chief Marshal of the Alumni and as such will lead the procession to Sever and take an active part in all the exercises. Governor Gardiner will serve as Marshal of his class.

The business of the meeting will be the announcement of the election of the overseers of Harvard College, the directors of the Alumni Association and of the Harvard Fund Council. There will be various speeches by recipients of honorary degrees and President Lowell will deliver his annual speech announcing the gifts to the University during the year which is now coming to a conclusion. Allston Burr '89, President of the Alumni Association, will preside.