FRADD OUTLINES SPORTS PROGRAM AT HEMENWAY

CONLEY APPOINTED FULL TIME INSTRUCTOR

A program of the varied athletic activities for the coming year at Hemenway gymnasium, was outlined yesterday by N. W. Fradd, director of the gymnasium. In addition to the usual instruction in boxing, fencing, and calisthenics that have been offered in past years, expert coaching in handball has been added as a feature of this year's program.

Beginning today, the regular five o'clock calisthenics class will be held under the direction of Mr. John Wallen. This class which is open to all members of the University meets daily, but attendance is not compulsory. The class is semi-formal and conducted to piano accompaniment.

Fencing will also start today when Freshman candidates report for the start of a new season under the tutelage of Hemenway's new fencing master, Rene Peroy.

Mr. Fradd also announces the appointment of Lawrence Conley as full time instructor. Formerly Mr. Conley has given instruction in boxing, not starting his season until the winter months This year with the addition of handball, he will be on deck immediately to give expert instruction to all members of the University interested in handball which also starts today. Mr. Conley, will, as usual, give instruction in boxing during the winter months. Wrestling classes will not be started until the early part of November owing to the fact that C. J. Gallagher, newly appointed instructor in wrestling is assisting in fall track during September and October.