PRESIDENT LOWELL DONATED NEW LECTURE HALL IN 1902

Among the hitherto unknown facts made public for the first time in Professor Morison's newly published volume on the recent history of Harvard University is that President Lowell was the anonymous donor of the New Lecture Hall in 1902 when President Eliot was at the head of the University.

Previous to the building of the New Lecture Hall which was first used on January 15, 1903, most of the large classes were held in Sanders Theatre which was the only adequate gathering place for large numbers of students.