OXFORD LIBRARIANS WILL SPEND THREE DAYS HERE

SEEK IDEAS IN PLAN TO REBUILD BODLEIAN

Six representatives of the Bodleian Library and four other libraries at Oxford arrived in Cambridge this morning to spend three days at Harvard as the guests of President Lowell and the Masters of Lowell and Dunster Houses, it was announced yesterday. Their purpose is to inspect the University Library and gather information which they will need in drawing up the plans of a new library at Oxford.

Their visit is unique in the fact that last Tuesday a similar group from Cambridge University, England, made a tour of Widener Library for the same purpose. This is a coincidence, however, as the two groups have no connection other than they are both under the auspices of the Rockefeller Foundation.

Four of the Oxford representatives are world-renowned scholars. Sir Henry A. Miers, M.A., D.Sc., Fellow of Magdalen College, is the chairman. He is professor of Mineralogy at Oxford. The director of the British Museum is also included in the group. He is Sir Frederic G. Kenyon, G.B.E., K.C.B., M.A., Hon. D. Litt., Hon. Fellow of New College and Magdalen College, and internationally known as an eminent classical scholar. The third man is Sir Edmund K. Chambers, K.B.E., M.A., Corpus Christi College, who is the author of several books on the history of the English theatre.

George N. Clark, M.A., Fellow of Oriel College, is a representative, and is the editor of the "English Historical Review." The last two men are Henry R. Harrod, M.C., student of Christ Church and Kenneth Sisam, B.Litt., M.A., Merton College, as secretary.

The group has just recently returned from the west where they have been making a study of different university and public libraries. They are not only making observations in regard to the structure of different libraries, but are looking into the administration.