SOCCER TEAM WINS FIRST CONTEST OF SEASON, 3-1

KREMENTZ MAKES ONLY SCORE FOR VISITORS

The University soccer team won its first game of the year this afternoon, defeating Connecticut Wesleyan 3-1. Both teams scored one goal in the first period and Harvard won two more in the second. All goals were direct.

The game as a whole was sluggish and both teams played raggedly. H. H. Broadbent '31, made all of the goals for Harvard, while Krementz made Wesleyan's single point.

In spite of its lack of speed the game was an interesting one, and when Krementz of Wesleyan booted the ball over for the first goal of the game it looked bad for Harvard. The University team tried hard but only made one goal and missed a lot of excellent opportunities to score again before the first period was completed. In the second quarter playing on both sides weakened; Harvard showed a fair margin of superiority, however, by winning two more points. The last half of the game was extremely rough and there were many free kicks. Neither team scored and the game dragged along to a weary end.

Harvard has a lot of promising soccer material this year, but has been unable to get in any organized practice because of the divisional examinations.

The summary for yesterday's game follows:

HARVARD  WESLEYAN Faude, g.  g., Hamel Heard, l.f.b.  r.f.b., Blakeslee Catinella, r.f.b.  l.f.b., Moss, Lundstedt Bland, l.h.b.  r.h.b., Aherns William Carter, c.h.b.  c.h.b., Skirm Edward Carter, r.h.b.  l.h.b., Summerville Broadbent, c.  c., Krementz, Kratz Schumacher, Tatham, l.o.f  r.o.f., Davison Frame, l.i.f.  r.i.f., Davis Grover, r.o.f.  l.o.f., Piton Eaton, Carrigan, Dorman.  r.i.f. l.i.f., White

Score--Harvard 3; Wesleyan 1, Goals--Broadbent 3, Krementz, Referee--Frank Daly, Time--Four 22-minute quarters.