SKATERS TO FACE UNIVERSITY CLUB IN GARDEN SCRAP

Palmer, Chase, Bigelow Mainstays of University Club--Team Play Needed in Harvard Ranks

Tonight at 8.30 o'clock at the Boston Garden, the University hockey sextet, which opened its season last Thursday with a rather colorless 7 to 2 victory over Technology, will meet the first real opposition of the season at the hands of the strong University Club team, which includes many former college stars in its ranks.

Interest in tonight's contest will center on Palmer, left wing of the University Club team, who starred last year in Yale hockey, and on Chase at center, who captained the Harvard skaters in 1928, and who was the outstanding Crimson player during that year, leading his team to 1 to 0 and 2 to 0 wins over a Yale sextet on which Palmer was a leading threat. Bigelow, at left defence, is one of the famous Bigelow twins who starred for Harvard two years ago.

Last year the Harvard players won four games from the University Club, three of which were taken by margins of a single point, but whether or not this year will see a clean slate remains to be seen. As shown in the Technology game, team play must be developed if the Harvard aggregation is to go far this year, since in the first game the men showed a decided lack of team play, and relied too much on individual efforts to bring about the necessary scores.