PREP SCHOOLS WILL CONFER AT HARVARD

150 are Expected to Come From Leading Institutions -- "Place of Religion in College" is Main Topic

Starting out with a dinner given by the Phillips Brooks House on Friday, February 6, the New England Field Council of the Y. M. C. A. will conduct its annual preparatory school conference which takes place this year at Harvard.

It is expected that 150 schoolboys and masters from all the leading New England preparatory schools including Andover, Choate, Exeter, Groton, Hotchkiss, Kent, South Kent, and Taft Schools, will attend. They will be distributed in various Harvard dormitories and will be taken through one of the houses as well as being addressed by members of the Harvard faculty and undergraduate body in order to acquaint them with the college system.

Masters of the schools will meet separately in order to discuss special pre-college problems. They will be addressed by Dean Luther Weigle of the Yale Divinity School and R. E. Harris of the Union Theological Seminary. On the committee which is planning the conference are Dr. S. S. Drury '01, of St. Paul's, Father Sill of Kent, Dr. A. E. Stearns of Andover, T. L. Harris, C. L. Glenn, and J. H. Lane '28, graduate secretary of the Phillips Brooks House.

The subject of discussion in the general meeting will be "The Place of Religion in College." Men from other colleges as well as undergraduates in Harvard will talk on various phases of undergraduate life.

Last year, the conference was given at Brown and in 1929 at Yale, as the meetings are rotated throughout different eastern universities. The final details for this season have not been worked out yet but will be announced later.