GUILLEMIN WILL SPEAK ON STUDENT RADICALISM

CLUB ORGANIZES BUREAU TO AID COLLEGE SOCIALISM

Dr Victor Guillemin, Jr. of the Physics department will address the Harvard Socialist Club on Tuesday, December 11, in Straus Hall Common Room at 8 o'clock on "Student Unrest in Europe". Dr. Guillemin has spent many years among the students in the various European universities and has been able to observe closely the background and workings of student radicalism.

Professor Arthur N. Holcombe '01, of the Government department, will address the club on the following Tuesday, December 16. "The Effects of the Soviet Five Year Plan" will be the subject of his discussion. He has travelled extensively in the Soviet Union and has made a special study of the Five Year Plan. Both these meetings will be open to members of the University.

The club has also organized a speakers' bureau which is working in conjunction with the New England branch of the Socialist Party. Members of this group will conduct meetings throughout New England during the winter and will seek to organize Socialist clubs in various colleges.