SCHOOL OF COXSWAINS COMMENCES WEDNESDAY

FRESHMAN TRAINING WILL BEGIN IMMEDIATELY

The first meeting of the Coxswain's school for both Freshmen and upperclassmen will be held in the Smith Hall Common Room, Wednesday evening, it was announced by C. H. Pforzheimer '28, who will conduct the school.

Any student in the College weighing 130 pounds or less will be eligible for the competition. Pforzheimer stressed the point that no experience is necessary to take part in the training and he noted that in the last ten years, seven Freshmen coxswains had no experience before entering college.

Freshman coxswain aspirants will begin their training immediately, meeting regularly each week. Candidates for the University crews will not enter their competition until later in the season. There will be four positions open to upperclass competitors: coxswain of the first University crew, coxswain of the Junior University, coxswain of the 150-pound University, and coxswain of the leading class crew. The Freshman competition will open four coxswain places for the 1933 men. These include positions on the first and second Freshman crews, the Freshman 150-pound crew, and the winning dormitory crew. The first two 1933 crews will make the trip to Red Top as well as the first and second University crews.

The selections of the coxswains are made by the crews according to the candidates' general crew knowledge, their racing technique and their ability to get along with the other men in the boats.