PROBABLE SCHEDULE OF GOLF TEAM ANNOUNCED

EFFORTS BEING MADE TO SECURE REGULAR COACH

With the first call to candidates for the University and Freshman golf teams but two weeks away. Captain Phillips Finlay '31 has announced the tentative schedule for the season.

Finlay, who is the secretary of the Intercollegiate Golf Association, has been carrying on correspondence with the U. S. Golf Association in an endeavor to have the body set the date and the course of the Intercollegiate Championship tourney. Much dissatisfaction has been caused by the management of this event in the past because it has taken place too near to the final examination period in June. Finlay Iropes to arrange to have this tournament held at a more favorable time of the month in the future.

Efforts are also being made to obtain a regular coach for this sport. In the past the golfers have been forced to coach themselves and have thus been at a great disadvantage in competition with coached teams such as Yale, Princeton, Pennsylvania.. and Georgetown. It is believed that with expert coaching in practice and in tournaments the University material will develop a winning team.

Among the men who are to compose the University golf squad are: C. S. Eaton '32. W. P. Arnold, Jr. '31, E. B. Murphy, Jr. '31, J. B. Baldwin '31, J. M. Cole '32, Leonard Wood '31, and Phillips Finlay '31, Captain.

The schedule follows:

May 3, Harvard vs. Holy Cross, at Boston.

May 9-10, Harvard vs. University of Pennsylvania, Princeton, and, Georgetown, at New Haven.

May 17, Harvard vs. Dartmouth, at Brockton.

May 23, Harvard vs. Brown, at Providence.

May 24; Harvard vs. Williams, at Boston.

May 29, Harvard vs. Yale, at Providence.