CHRISTMAS RECESS FOR 1930 CHANGED

Lasts Two and One Half Weeks After 15 Day Recess--Second Half Year to Commence February 9

Fifteen days will be granted for the next Cristmas vacation, it was recently, voted by the Faculty of Arts and Sciences. Beginning on December 21, the recess will last through January 4.

In order to allow the reading period to extend for its usual two and a half weeks and to allow the mid-year examination period its alloted time, the second semester will not begin until February 9.

This vacation changes for one year a long-standing college rule that all Christmas recesses commence on December 23 and last though January 2 regardless of the day of the week on which these dates might fall. A permanent change of the dates for the recess has not been made. In the future each vacation will be judged separately, and the rule, will be altered only if the circumstances are such that its application would deprive students of several days of vacation for the sake of only one or two classes.

No announcement has been made as to whether the lengthened recess will cause a corresponding shortening of any other vacation. According to the data of the provisional pamphlet of the courses offered by the Faculty of Arts and Sciences, no change of dates other than the ones above mentioned has been determined.