Facts, Not Words

THE PRESS

Strietly speaking, Phrohibition is not a college issue. When the Harvard CRIMSON asks "What can college men do about Prohibition?" the obvious answer is "very little." The national aspects of the question are so large as to render ineffectual the small, shrill voice of the colleges. College debates, discussions, and petitions calling for the repeal of the Eighteenth Amendmen' while they may be interesting, carry little weight. They indicate, however, that the educated youth of the country has an intelligent interest in the question. Harvard's movement in encourage such interest is therefore commendable.

But the News is primarily interested in getting at the facts of prohibition as they obtain in the university. Even if two thousand students went on record as being opposed to the Amendment or if a series of debates drew nation-wide attention, what would be accomplished? On the other hand, it is our conviction that facts and figures showing the present extent of drinking in college would be a valuable contribution to the issue. Yale News.