MEN FROM THIRTY-FOUR COLLEGES IN I.C.4-A. MEET

NEARLY 720 CONTESTANTS ARE SCHEDULED TO COMPETE

Thirty-four colleges from different parts of the country have entered men in the fifty-fourth annual I.C.4-A. track and field championship meet, it has been announced by the Harvard Athletic Association.

The meet, which will be held May 30 and 31 on Soldiers Field, promises as usual to furnish brilliant competition. Entries have been made for six defending champions, including Wildermuth of Georgetown in the 100-yard dash; Hickey of New York University in the mile run; Kieselhorst of Yale in the 220-yard low hurdles; Hedges of Princeton in the high jump; Rothert of Stanford in the shot put, and Krenz of Stanford in the discus throw.

Of these men, three have been unable to compete in dual meets so far this season. Hedges and Wildermuth have been handicapped by illness and injury, while Kieselhorst, captain of the Yale team, was operated on for appendicitis about five weeks ago and is still recuperating. Hope is now, however, still entertained at New Haven that the star hurdler will be able to enter competition next Saturday against Harvard; if he does this and gets through without physical mishap, he should make a successful bid to defend his championship next week.

With both Rothert and Krenz again ready to compete under its colors. Stanford, defending champion of the meet, should stand a good chance of repeating. Its closest rival will probably be Southern California.

A preliminary list of entries, indicating that some 720 individuals will compete in the meet, has been drawn up by the secretary of the I.C.4-A. and mailed to the various colleges for approval.