UNIVERSITY CREW RACES TWO MILES

Whiteside's Crew Listed for Two More Trials This Week--Lightweights to Row Yale, Princeton Saturday

Rowing their first race of the week in the revised seatings as announced yesterday by Coach Whiteside, the Harvard Seconds and first eight covered a two-mile course on the Charles yesterday afternoon. It was the first of three practice rows which have been announced for the week by the Crimson mentor, who is whipping his eights into form for the regatta with Navy. Penn and Tech ten days from now.

The Jayvees, stroked by Captain J. E. Lawrence '31, gave the first eight considerable competition, but at the finish the oarsmen who downed Tech over a week ago were well ahead of the Seconds. The third boat did not race.

The lightweight eight, which meets the Yale and Princeton 150-pounders on Saturday, has had plenty of spare time between regattas in which to get ready for the Blue and the Tiger. Yale's 150-pound boat made a remarkable showing against Penn and Columbia in the Derby Day meeting last Saturday. They turned in an extremely fast time, and will in all probability be the favorite this week on the Housatonic over the Crimson and the Tiger.