BASKETBALL FIVE WINS EASILY OVER PENN TEAM

TEAM MEETS TECHNOLOGY AT THE M.I.T. HANGAR TONIGHT

Defeating Ponn State for its fifth victory on the floor of the New Indoor Athletic Building, the Harvard University basketball team was the victor last Saturday night, by a score of 38-20. The hoopsters broke away from their opponents early in the game, with a lead of 8-6, and steadily increased their advantage until at the half-time the count stood at 23 to 10. The second period was a rout, with the Crimson players submerging the Pennsylvania team by brilliant passing and accurate caging of their shots.

The game, which was attended by more than 2000 spectators, was by far the most exciting yet played in the new building, since the opposition threatened the Crimson basket until the very end by fast passing and offense work which all but scored.

This evening in the Massachusetts Institute of Technology Hangar the University quintet will meet the Engineers in the eighth game of the season. On Friday, January 16, the Freshman basketball team triumphed over Milton Academy with a final score of 50 to 10, giving them a season record of two victories and two defeats. The following afternoon the Second University team overcame the M. I. T. team to the tally of 32 to 14. HARVARD  PENN STATE Pattison, Matursevitch.  l.f. r.f., Hammond Holland, Schroeder, r.f.  l.f., Moser, Davis Moushegian, Rauh, c.  c., Brand, Macomb Hageman, Reisner, l.g.  r.g., Blowers, Myers Farrell, Altman. r.g.  l.g., Saltzman. Corr. Williams

The score--Harvard 38, Penn State 20. Goals--Holland 4. Moushegian 4. Pattison 3. Rauh 2. Farrell 1. Hageman 1. Saltzman 3. Macomb 1. Moser 1. Williams 1. Fouls--Hageman 4. Holland 3. Farrell 1. Macomb 2. Blowers 1. Brand 1. Davis 1. Hammond 1. Saltzman 1. Moser 1. Umpire--Hoyt. Referee--Kelleher. Time--two 20-minute periods.