BOXERS WILL COMPETE IN THE INTERCOLLEGIATES

TO BE HARVARD'S FIRST REGULAR RING CONTEST

With the first intercollegiate matches yet about a month off, Harvard's prospects for a successful boxing season look very promising, according to L. J. Conley, University boxing coach.

Although the meet with Dartmouth at Hanover on Saturday, February 14, will be the first intercollegiate meet Harvard has ever officially entered, there are many experienced and champion boxers now working out daily in the New Indoor Athletic Building, from whom will be drawn a team calculated to provide the Hanoverians with a difficult contest.

Conley expects to build his team of eight or ten men around four champions and runners-up of last year's University boxing tournament, Adam Palaza '31, featherweight; J. J. Mellen '33, lightweight; P. H. Lord '33. Light weight; and M. C. Aldis '32, heavy-weight. Besides these, there is the University squad composed of 24 men at the present time, most of whom have had at least one year's experience in tournaments, either in the University matches at Harvard or at other colleges. The men are evenly divided by weight into all classes except the bantam and heavy weight classes where more men are needed.

While Conley expects good results of his University team in their three matches this season, he is even more pleased with the Freshman material.

Outstanding among the Freshmen are P. W. Hines '34, who was Massachusetts state champion in the 160-pound class last year, Richard Lawrence '34, Noble and Greenough champion in the 175-pound class in his senior year, and K. McG. Martin '34, champion of Belmont Bill School. All of these men were on the 1934 football squad this fall.