THE HOUND OF HARVARD

Yet another tutoring school has tentatively reared its head in the purlieus of Cambridge Town. Its site, opposite Arthur's and the Lampoon, has advantages. When the Tunisian has become too grant for those who have shunned drinking deep they may find quick relief in gastronomic delights, or, by going up stairs, in stilled laughter. The inauguration of this institution is just another phase of the college hegira from the sanctuary of the Yard to the more rarified atmosphere of the riverbank.

The success of any venture of this sort that seeks to join the arts with business in unholy wedlock depends on its ability to capture and hold the trust and sympathy of its patrons. The founders must not feel hurt if there is evinced a natural tendency to support those who have served long and well. The erudite old lady of Mount Auburn Street has fared exceedingly well since the demise of her spouse, whom rumor has it was the Hossier Schoolmaster. But these are lean days for all, and now that the Wolff is snarling at the Widow's door the faithfulness and gratitude of her many friends will be put to the test.