And the Big Ten?

THE PRESS

Announcements were made yesterday to the nation's press that Harvard, at least, is willing to let by-gones, be by-gones as far as the Princeton-Crimson breakup of four years ago is concerned. Nothing was forthcoming as to Princeton's ideas on the subject, but a reaction is expected. The original statement came from William J. Bingham, director of athletics at Cambridge, following heated demands of the "Princetonian" and the "Harvard Crimson" that the breach be mended as soon as possible.

The original break occured after the football season of 1926 when alleged roughness and unfair play on the part of both teams followed a series of interchanged slurs by the Harvard "Lampoon" and the Princeton "Tiger" which culminated in the Princeton-Harvard football program published by the "Lampoon" and bearing a cover depicting a pig in a sty saying to a much mired companion. "Come, brother, and root for deah old Princeton."

The break had been coming, however for many years before. One of the classic games in the East, the Harvard-Princeton till got more and more out of control and officials of both schools sighed with relief when negotiations were completed calling off the contests. Reopening of the negotiations is still a great way off in football, the interview stated, but for minor sports, basketball, baseball, and track a well defined agreement is forthcoming in the very near future. Princeton is still hanging on to its "rotating" football schedule idea, a major promise since the break.

Just what the outcome is cannot be determined, but things look brighter with the passing days as officials of both universities are becoming more and more congenial in their attitudes toward each other. The "Big Three" may again become the Big Three of the East. The Michigan Dally.