BOK ADVERTISING AWARD JUDGES ARE ANNOUNCED

Dean Donham of the Business School Appoints 12 Men to Make Various Awards for 1930 Advertising

A jury of 12 advertising men, printers, professors of marketing, and members of allied arts has been appointed by W. B. Donham '98, dean of the Graduate School of Business Administration to judge the 1930 entries for competition for the $10,000 in annual Harvard University advertising awards established by Edward W. Bok in 1923.

The competition, which will take place the latter part of this month, will consist of material submitted by American advertisers and advertising agencies collected by the committee of awards. The ten prize winners and those cited for honorable mention will formally receive the awards at a dinner at the Business School, which will be held sometime in February.

Prizes for the best pieces of advertising or advertising campaign are divided into local and national campaigns for general and technical products. Awards will also be made for the individual use of illustration, typography, text, display line, and other mechanical points.

The 1930 jury as chosen by Dean Donham is as follows:

John Bianchi, N. H. Borden, assistant professor of advertising at the Business School; Walter Bucheon, Bennett Chapple, M. T. Copeland, professor of marketing at the Business School; W. A. Hart, C. C. McQuiston, Henry Guinan, G. R. Schaffer, G. L. Sumner, R. S. Vaile, and P. B. West.