MOUNTAINEERING CLUB OPENS SEASON TONIGHT

SKIING IN WHITE MOUNTAINS PART OF WINTER PROGRAM

An opening meeting of the Harvard Mountaineering Club is to be held tonight in Room L-32 Lowell House and all members of the University interested in climbing are invited to attend, it was announced last night by the officers of the club.

Plans for the coming year will be discussed and a schedule of trips mapped out if possible. The usual fall program consists of practice climbing in the quarries at Quincy for the new and inexperienced climbers. Later in the season, trips to the White Mountains in New Hampshire will be made when members will have the opportunity to make more testing and difficult ascents.

During the winter, several dinners at which guest speakers from other mountaineering clubs will lecture on their trips of exploration and adventure, will be given. Skiing trips to the winter resorts of New Hampshire are also to be projected. The spring program will include further trips to the White Mountains.

In the past, trips to Europe have been made during the summer when members have visited and climbed the Alps. These trips, however, are mainly projected by individual members and do not come within the regular scope of the club's schedule.