RADCLIFFE YARD WILL BE ENCLOSED BY FENCE

Authorities Plan to Extend Existing Barrier--Gates will be Donated by Graduate Classes

The Radcliffe "yard," which has hitherto been open to the world on all sides, with only a gate here and there by which the stranger may know that he is entering Radcliffe, will be completely surrounded next fall by an iron grill fence, money for which the alumnae fund has already on hand.

At present the only section of substantial fence that now exists around the campus is on the corner at Washington Elm Square, where, on account of the noise, a high solid brick wall was built several years ago. Because of the building operations that are going on in the construction of the new science building, on Garden Street, which will house the Chemistry and Physics departments, the fence will not be erected until this building is completed in September. At that same time, memorial gates donated by individuals will be erected over all the entrances and work will be completed on resurfacing the walks.

Plans for future buildings on the campus include a new music building, a graduate center and a new dormitory, which will be attached to Whitman Hall, but as yet no definite announcements have been made as to when the construction of these buildings will take place.