DRAMATIC CLUB STARTS FALL COMPETITION SOON

SEVERAL PLAYS UNDER SURVEY FOR DECEMBER PRODUCTION

Dramatics at Harvard will get under way this season with the announcement of the Dramatic Club competitions which will begin the first part of November and the participation of J. F. Joyce '33, president of the club in an exhibition first act of a play, by Dr. B. T. Ring entitled "Heard Round the World," which is to be presented at the Ring Sanatorium, Arlington, before the New England Pen Womens Association on Wednesday, October 28. Joyce will play opposite Jane Mast '31, of Radcliffe who took many leading parts last year in Idler Club productions.

Following the performance of the one act, a discussion of the play from the point of view of the press will be given by W. E. Harris '20, dramatic critic, while Professor Albert Lovejoy, director of the Cambridge School of the Drama will speak on the play itself, and its logical development on the basis of the first act.

The Dramatic Club play for December will be chosen from one of several plays now under consideration. Presumably the production will be one which has never before been given in this country, in keeping with the established policy of the organization which was reaffirmed last year after proposals to abandon it failed to meet with popular approval.

The Club has been invited to repeat its last year's presentation of Commander Stephen Kinghall's "B. J. 1," at Mount Holyoke College this fall but an epidemic of infantile paralysis has made it doubtful whether the performance will be possible.