GOOD WRESTLING YEAR IS SEEN BY GALLAGHER

MEETS WITH CHICAGO, NAVY, AND PRINCETON SCHEDULED

With preliminary wrestling practice starting yesterday, Coach Clifford Gallagher characterized prospects for the coming season as the best in a number of years. The University team will have a tough schedule this season, since Chicago, Navy, and Princeton have been added to the schedule. Friday, December 18, will see the grapplers in their first meet with Technology.

Lettermen returning from last year are: Captain Arthur Klein '32, 125-pound class; P. O. Johnson '33, 145-pound class; O. E. Goddard '33, 155-pound class; and J. H. Crandon '33, 135-pound class. Crandon will probably be too heavy for the class designated, and in that case both he and Johnson would be in the same division.

Openings for new men are to be found in the three top-weight classes and the lowest one. For the unlimited division Gridley Barrows '34, last year's Freshman captain, and H. C. McClees '34 are the outstanding aspirants. R. G. Ames '34, Freshman intercollegiate champion and undefeated last year, should hold down the 175-pound berth. The 165-pound weight will be the most disputed one on the team; R. R. Levin '32, M. A. Keyser '32, Stanton Whitney '34, and C. B. Burbank '34 are some of the contestants for this position, all of them having wrestled on their Freshman teams.

Harold Frankel '34 and R. D. Tucker '34 are at present the only possibilities for the lightweight berth; both men were members of last year's Freshman team. D. B. Dorman '32 should be a strong substitute for Goddard, while J. U. White '34, and R. M. Ward '34 will supplement Johnson. Ernest Chard '34 and David Weld '34, Freshman intercollegiate champions last season, will help out in the 135 and 125-pound classes.

Little could be said at present about the Freshman material this year, except that one or two strong men showed up yesterday. Nathaniel Warner '30, former University captain, will have charge of the first-year men and help out Coach Gallagher with the others. An effort is now being made to schedule a number of second University team matches with various colleges.