CONSERVATIVE LABOUR

The outcome of the recent general election in England is a conclusive proof of the fundamental soundness of the English nation. The National party, which is itself overwhelmingly Conservative, swept all opposition aside, and demonstrated that in time of stress that the solid citizens realized the futility of Socialistic Utopia, and reverted to the sound Conservatism of Gladstone.

It is a forward step in politics, when the workers who have been firm adherents to Karl Marx are willing to set all that aside and endeavour to recover prosperity through capitalistic Tory methods. The absolute crushing of the Liberal party may be a definite indication of the maturity of the English political system, and the end of the multi-party elections.

The outcome of these election will undoubtedly prove to be a strong Conservative policy. Already Washington is fearing a rise in tariff, and a strong centralization of Empire trade. Active interests will be taken against Ghandi in India. Out of all this change, however, British industry and employment will benefit, since a policy of American capital in England is favored.

The basically Conservative, British people have stood the Socialistic experiments in a spirit of fair play. They have allowed the Labour government full rein, and gave it enough rope to hang itself which it did.