HARRIERS BID FOR SEVENTH VICTORY OVER YALE TODAY

1935 Team Meets Stiffest Opposition of Season in Yale Harriers--Meet is to Begin at 3 O'Clock

Harvard's University and Freshman cross country teams will make a bid for the seventh consecutive Crimson double win over the Elis in as many years in the climactic races of the season starting at 3 o'clock today. Captain N. P. Hallowell '32 and his squad are favored, but the first year men will meet stiff opposition.

The first-string harriers will start after the Freshman on a five-mile course from the Browne and Nichols to Soldiers Field. Turley and Gardener, who took first places in the Blue's 15 to 55 win over Amherst, and Captain Griest, who finished fifth last year are strong contenders. The Elis lost last week to a strong Cornell team. Harvard has won from Holy Cross 15 to 55 and defeated M. I. T., New Hampshire, and Dartmouth, decisively in another meet.

Stiff Meet For Freshmen

In Minor the Yale freshmen have a runner who won from Captain A. C. Pier '35 when the two were together at St. Paul's. Pier and C. F. Woodard '35 are the mainstays of a Harvard first year team which will be hard pressed to keep the Crimson winning streak intact.

The visiting Freshmen defeated New Haven High School in their only meet, while the Crimson won from the Crusaders 23 to 46 and placed second to New Hampshire in the quadrangular meet. The course will be a 20-minute one from the Browne and Nichols field to the riverbank behind the Dillon Field House.

The entries:

University

Harvard: G. N. Barrie '32, C. B. Currier '32, J. N. Estabrook '34, B. E. Estes '32, A. Foote '33, J. Fox '32, A. B. Hallowell '34, N. P. Hallowell, Jr. '32, F. D. Murphy '32, and J. W. Putnam '33.

Freshmen

Harvard: E. W. Clark, R. B. Cutler, N. M. Goodhue, A. S. Pier, Jr., W. L. Post, E. Roys, C. Seeman, F. A. Webster, C. F. Woodard, H. T. Pierpont, Jr.

Yale: Minor, Canning, Bliss, Anderson, Watson, Marvin, Wing, Blacharski.