AFTER THE BALL IS OVER

Harvard and Yale have met for the fiftieth time in a football game. A crowd of 60,000 persons is dispersing in small, excited groups which bear with them the spirit of a rivalry firmly based on friendship.

There are the players, who have furnished the competition, who have exhausted themselves in a great match of wit and abilities. They are to be congratulated for their notable contribution to the histories of Harvard and Yale. It is the teams which met today, as well as their predecessors in the Stadium and in the Bowl, that have supplied the meetest realization of the rivalry and friendship which have ever existed between Yale and Harvard. The conduct of all such delegates of the two institutions has built up a festive tradition that has long been regarded by Harvard and Yale men much in the same light as the Fourth of July.

Men of Harvard and men of Yale find in the occasion of their annual meeting the expression of a sort of national spirit more intimate than political celebrations because it springs from the dearer associations of youth. No truly national festivities are prepared for and enjoyed with more enthusiasm than the Harvard-Yale football game. The great recessional is on, but even into the excited talk of this football game there come confidently the speculations on the next game. And the past mingles with the present in assuring the future happy meetings of Harvard and Yale men.