LEGALLIENNE ACTORS TO GIVE PLAY BY IBSEN

Cambridge Drama School Will Sponsor Civic Repertory Theatre Players in Brattle Hall Performance

A tragedy entitled "When we dead awaken," will be given by the members of the Civic Repertory Theatre of New York on Friday and Saturday, December 11 and 12 in Brattle Hall. The play is considered by F. S. Cawley '10, assistant professor of Scandinavian languages, to be a drama that is as true to life now as it was when Henrik Ibsen wrote it.

The production, which is to be shown at many other universities, is being sponsored by H. W. L. Dana '03, professor of the Cambridge School of Drama, and F. C. Packard Jr. '20, assistant professor of Public Speaking.

The play, which Ibsen himself called his "dramatic epilogue," and of which G. Bernard Shaw has said, "Ibsen's magic is nowhere more potent," deals with the inevitable dilemma of an artist who cannot decide whether he shall sacrifice his life for art.

Students as well as members of Eva LeGallienne's theatre will make up the east, which is directed and coached by Peter Hyun.