CRIMSON FOOTBALL TEAM EKES WIN FROM BIG GREEN

Hanover Journalists on Small End of 6 to 2 Score--Short Losses by Both Teams Feature Game

Playing before the backs of a crowd of 200 persons who were watching another game, the football teams of The Dartmouth and the Harvard CRIMSON fought a close battle which ended in a 6 to 2 victory for the Plympton Street veterans, unhampered by the absence of O. E. Fuerbringer '32, burly half-back.

The game started inauspicuously for the CRIMSON when their big center made a bad kick-off. Notwithstanding this opening break the Harvard eleven played a tight game of football and held the Big Green to short runs and passes. Both lines played well and smeared many of the plays before they developed. The backfield of the CRIMSON did rather mediocre work and only once made a show of brilliance, at the beginning of the second quarter when a sustained series of short passes netted 30 yards and a touchdown. The try for goal failed.

Short Losses

From that time on the battle was held in Harvard territory and once the CRIMSON was thrown for a loss and a safety, making the score at the half 6 to 2. From then on the game was characterized by short losses by both teams. At one point Clark, Dartmouth leader, was in a clear field ready to pull down a forward, but the passer was hurried and the ball went wide and was knocked down. The game ended with the ball in the CRIMSON's possession on its own two-yard line.