UMBRIAN MIRACLE PLAY IS SELECTED BY DRAMATIC CLUB

Eleventh Century Italian Work Would he Difficult to President--Club Now Working on "Charles and Mary"

An Umbrian Play dating from the middle ages will be presented by the Harvard Dramatic Club as its annual Christmas miracle play. Two performances of this drama, which deals chiefly with the Nativity and with Herod's court, will be given in front of the Freiburg Cathedral facade in the Germanic Museum. Besides these, which will be at 5 at 9 o'clock on Sunday, the Club hopes to broadcast this play from station WBZ at 3 o'clock on the same day.

This eleventh century Italian work, translated by D. F. Robertson '25, will be difficult to produce over the radio, according to Edward Massey '15, the director, owing to the importance of its scenic and costume effects. The miracle play gives excellent opportunities for brilliant costumes, which will be chosen by Miss Rose Briggs, sister of former Dean Le Baron Russell Briggs '75. The central figure in the play is Herod, a boisterous ranting character typical of the medieval idea of this king. There will be no charge for admission to the presentations.

Massey has received many letter of approval of the radio production of "Charles and Mary" last Sunday, and feels that radio has opened a new field for the Club's activities. Since the Club is busy with the production of Charles and Mary Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, the cast for the miracle play has not been fully decided on.

In giving the first American showing of this play of the life of Charles Lamb and his contemporaries at Brattle Hall tomorrow, the Club has chosen a work highly recommended by London critics. All three performances begin at 8.20 o'clock, and will be followed by dancing to music furnished by Roy Lamson's Orchestra.