SEASON FOR FRESHMAN HOCKEY TEAM TO START

NINE CANDIDATES FOR HOCKEY MANAGER COMPETITION

Freshman hockey will get under way today at 5.30 o'clock, when there will be a meeting for all candidates for the team in the Union. Clark Hodder '25, Freshman coach, and C. C. Cunningham '32, captain of the University team, will speak to the candidates on the prospects for the coming season. Practice for the 1935 players begins tomorrow afternoon in the Boston Garden, and will continue regularly until the Christmas Recess, during which their will be no practice. There will be only informal practice during the midyear period.

Work for nine men interested in the managership competition for the 1935 team started yesterday at a meeting held in the Harvard Athletic Association. The work expected of the candidates for the managership was outlined briefly by Eustis Dearborn '32, manager of the University team, and Henri Bourneuf '33, assistant manager. The competition is to last until February 23, 1932, when the final selection for managerial positions of the 1935 team will be made. This year only the man appointed manager will receive his numerals; he will have complete responsibility for managing the Yale Game.

The 1935 schedule subject to ratification by the Athletic Committee follows:

Saturday, January 9, Milton at Milton; Wednesday, January 13, St. Marks at Southboro; Saturday, January 16, Noble and Greenough at Dedham; Wednesday, January 20, Wilbraham; Wednesday, February 10, Andover; Saturday, February 13, St. Paul's at Concord, New Hampshire; Monday, February 22, Dartmouth; Wednesday, February 24, Harvard Second University; Saturday, February 27, Yale at New Haven, Connecticut.