"ADVENTURES OF PRINCE ACHMED" DISCOVERED IN PARIS TWO YEARS AGO

WORK OF MAKING FILM TOOK THREE YEARS

"The Adventures of Prince Achmed," which will be shown under the sponsorship of the Cambridge School of the Drama and the Department of Fine Arts of the University on Saturday afternoon and evening in the Large Lecture Hall of the Fogg Art Museum, was discovered in Paris about two years ago by J. A. Haeseler, a director of the University Film Foundation, when filming pictures in Europe. He was immediately attracted by the novel picture, but was forced to follow the film from city to city, and even back to New York before he could obtain the American rights to the film.

Taking three years to complete the film "The Adventures of Prince Achmed," was produced under the personal direction of Lotte Reiniger, a young German artist who composed the 300,000 individual silhouettes into the film, which last for an hour and fifteen minutes. The story deals with the fantastic adventures of Prince Achmed, the fairy, Peri Banou, and Aladdin, and is considered one of the most imaginative and artistic films ever produced.