ART SOCIETY ANNOUNCES ITS SECOND ANNIVERSARY

Society for Contemporary Art Formed in February 1929--Next Exhibition of Contemporary American Artists

With the present exhibition of Pablo Picasso, now held at the galleries of the Harvard Society for Contemporary Art, closing tomorrow, the society has announced that its second year of organized existence has come to an end. The society, which was founded in February, 1929, by undergraduates of Harvard University, with the aid of the Fogg Art Museum and friends of modern art, has maintained its purpose of holding exhibitions of contemporary painting, sculpture, and decorative arts throughout this period.

The next exhibition on the schedule of the society comprises the work of 12 contemporary American artists. The paintings, which have been loaned either by the artists themselves, or by the present owners, are representative of the following: John Carroll, Elahemius, Howard Gibbs, Morris Kantor, Benjamin Kapman, Henry Lee McFee, Reginald Marsh, and Mark Tobey, and others. The exhibition will be held during the weeks of Saturday, February 21, to Saturday, March 14. Over Monday, February 23, the galleries will be closed for the day.